Range Police Control Room District Patiala
Range Police Control Room, Patiala, which is working in Police Lines, Patiala, is sound proof, air-conditioned room with sufficient furniture. On the wall of the room the map of Patiala city is displayed which show all the city sealing/ Naka Points and PCR motorcycle halts.
The Control Room is divided into four parts by the Aluminum transparent walls. One part houses the office of DSP Control Room/Special Branch Patiala and Incharge Range Control Room Patiala, while in the second part telephones are installed, where all the telephones (100 no. Computer Project by HCL company, Women and Children Helpline, 181 Helpline, Senior Citizen Helpline, Smart Phone 24%7, Dist Control) are properly attended by the operators round the clock. On the front wall of the telephone operator's seat the lists of the telephone no. of the administrative officers, executives officers, SHO's and MHC's of all the Police Stations of the Districts in the Range, all the control rooms of the adjoining districts and the Main Police Headquarter, Control Room etc are displayed. While in the third part wireless system is installed and the fourth part houses the record and UPS server room.
Apart from the well-known Police help no. 100, other numbers addressing specific nature of complaints are located in the Control Room :-
Public Helpline (100) = 2358488,2311116
Traffic Help Line = 2311117
Senior Citizen Help Line (1090) +Fax = 2311115,
Children and Women Helpline (1091) = 2350368,95929-17910
Samart 24 %7
181 Helpline = 80585-40181
Dist. Control = 95929-12500,98764-32100
NOTE:- There are three shifts of duty round the colck in the Range Police Control Room,.
The main objectives for establishing Range Police Control Room, of the present type includes among others:-
1 Immediate dissemination of information received regarding occurrence of crime, VIP movement, Natural/Man made calamity etc.
2 Immediate and timely police response to any situation especially crime which shall not exceed 5 minutes.
3 High visibility of the police force/patrol vehicles and easy accessibility to the public to act as effective deterrent to the unlawful activities of the criminals.
4 Comprehensive and round the clock security cover to the city thereby providing area security.
5. Checking and patrolling duties manned by PCR and RRPRS, to be more effective due to higher mobility, better communication and comprehensive training.
6. Maintaining an efficient system of radio, telephonic and tele-printing communication between PCR,RRPRS and different units of Range Police Control Room, Patiala, neighboring cities, Police Headquarters and all the districts of Punjab.
7. Keeping all concerned officers informed of all the important incidents which may have bearing on the law and order and crime situation in Patiala Range.
8. Rendering help to the injured persons/ victims of crime by shifting them to the nearest hospitals immediately.
9. Rendering public service of general nature by guiding and helping children, senior citizens and ladies in distress etc.
10. Ensure implementation of city stealing, red alert and contingency plans in the event of serious crime situations either man-made or natural disasters.
11. To act as information centre for Patiala Range.
12. To act as nodal centre for clarifying any doubt and issues relating to rumors etc.
13. Management and control of crime through efficient delivery and retrieval system in the Control Room itself.
14. To act as van guard against violation of human rights of individuals display of information relating to arrested persons, movements of Police vehicles can be retrieved for verification of any false implication in any case
15. To provide details about crime, crime situation, traffic blockades etc. to the common people.
16. To submit returns about crime to PPCR, Chandigarh for perusal of W/DGP Punjab and senior functionaries of the Govt.
17. To ensure accountable system of police working. To storage and retrieval of data related to various calls made to the Control Room.